Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pantry

First, I just have to say - Whenever you see the before pictures, just pretend they are someone else's house. I mean, not someone other than your house, someone's other than my house.

Okay, having said that, I have a pocket-sized under-the-stairs pantry. It had shelves installed on the right side which were nice, but difficult to access since they were on the right. John fixed that by moving them to the left wall. However, things regularly got to a state of disrepair.

Left-side before -
Left-side after -Alright, I know this room doesn't look too much different, but that is just because the angle is hard to photograph. In the second picture, there is MUCH more organization at work, you will just have to trust me. Top shelf has bins with instant foods, mixes, and pasta. Second shelf has snack items - boxes where possible and bins for loose stuff. Third shelf has cold cereals, muffin mixes, hot cereals, and other breakfast items. Bottom shelf has popcorn and paper goods. On the floor are #10 cans of fruit and other items to heavy for shelves.

Right-side before -
Right-side after -
There is just no space to put large quantities of flour, sugar, etc - so the buckets have to suffice.

Before -
After -
This is one of my own favorite original ideas. I just don't have a good place in my kitchen for spices, let alone for spices that are not in constant use. So, over the back of my pantry door, I put up a clear shoe-bag. In the top are mixes, and in the bottom are the excess spices. This was a pretty good idea to start with, but to make it better, I alphabetized so I can actually find what I want when I want it.

Yeah! I actually feel like baking again!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the idea of using the shoe bag for your spices! That is such a fabulous idea! I don't have a pantry door to use for that, but I wish I did!

    ReplyDelete