Thursday, September 30, 2010

Garage

For the past few months I have been stumbling (literally) around my garage knowing it needed some serious work; knowing that my life would be SO much easier if I just cleaned and organized it. However, I have always found other things that were far more pressing - dinner, kids, a movie, painting my toenails... Today, that all ended. It was today or never, and I was really leaning on the side of never. However, I can no longer get to my sewing machine, so I decided to buckle down and get to work. You think I exaggerate on the amount of work that needed to be done? No, sister. It was bad -

Okay, to be totally truthful, the backbone of the work was done months ago by my sweet husband, but there was still work to be done. As we all know, if you don't finish a job completely, it will only continue to pile up. And pile it did. However, after a few hours of work, this is what I ended up with.

Those sheets in the back are just that - sheets. We have the garage divided in two, the front section serving as a storage/garage space, the back section serving as an inclement-weather playroom. Okay, it is really an any-weather playroom. We have no toys in the house, they all live in the playroom. Another of John's amazingly brilliant ideas. And, the sheets are the visual barrier between the two areas. I guess I can only claim half-garage clean-up since the playroom half is still a mess. I will save that for another day.

A little closer photography reveals the true extent of the damage:

Left side before -

Left side after -
Right side before -
Right side after -

All-in-all, I am feeling much better about the garage. Maybe now I will have the conviction to take pictures of my HORRIBLE bedroom that I am actually in-progress on! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Wanna come do mine now? I'd let you. Really.

    ReplyDelete