Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Accessory Storage

I came up with a super cool plan for organizing all the kids' winter stuff - hats, gloves, scarves, etc. I color-coded clothes pins for each child by modge-podging scrapbook paper on the outside of each pin. Then, these pins (six per child) were threaded on to jute.

I tied a knot in the jute above, threaded the pin on through the spring, and then tied a knot immediately below the spring.
This was done three times on each side.


Then, I folded the jute in half, and tied a knot about two inches from the top. I hung these strings from 3M hooks.

Now, each child has a string to clip their winter stuff on. This works well because the things are out in the open, so when they come in from the snow (or rain more often here) they can dry out. So many storage systems are enclosed and stuff just stays wet. I really like the way this one works. And, even Hyrum (3 years old) can operate the clothes pins without assistance. The less I have to do, the better. These strings of stuff are found at the bottom of the stairs, adjacent to where coats and backpacks are stored.

No comments:

Post a Comment